Wednesday, January 21, 2009

America- This is your president

Its been a long time since my last blog. Life happens and I can't make any apologies. And since life keeps happening, I cant say when my next post will be-so keep checking back.

Updates:
Rocco started basketball and each time I look at his face, he makes me smile. Most of my joy nowadays comes from my kids. Recently at bedtime, Noahkeem and I was sitting on his bed and he was telling me how proud he was of me. He looked at me and said "Mommy, You're a good boy!" That meant the world to me.

Speaking of the World, we now have a new president. I am proud to say that I was part of this historical day! I never thought it would come but yet am amazed it is here- An African American in the White House. Of course I had the television on allllllll day yesterday until it was time to leave for basketball and dance. Since this is my blog, I'll take the liberty of saying that I really don't care what so many naysayers have to spew about Barack Obama and what a poor president he will be. Usually these people do nothing in the political arena except for gab and if they hold a political office , they never ventured to run for the office of President. So I say, Who do you think you are? What makes you so great? What gives you the authority to spend more time in criticism of your President than energy in creating the change you want to see? President Bush was not God! Neither is President Obama. With all the negativity in our country one less voice condemning the country and its new commander and chief would be a breath of fresh air for some of us. Unfortunately most people think freedom of speech means "I'm free to say what I want".... I'm not even gonna comment on that, that's a whole other blog in itself.

I have not known one perfect president in history and if America was so set on having another Republican in office, then they should have supported John McCain like crazy and busted their butts and gave money to the Republican campaign. They should have been campaigning like the country depended on it. But did they? Or did they just talk about how great he will be as President?

And by the way.... If you haven't notice from my profile pic, I am a woman of color and I am ecstatic, that a man of color is in the White House! I am absolutely overwhelmed with joy and pride! I thought Beyonce's performance at the Neighborhood ball was absolutely tremendous! So please don't spew your hate message to me. Check the Word of God and see for yourself what it says about praying for the leaders of your country. Don't make yourself an authority on who God can and can't use! All throughout the Bible God used the most unlikely of people. Furthermore, lest you lead your children down a path of prejudice or racism, curb your tongue when your talking about your new President, Barack Obama. Because you are so passionate, they may begin to think that its not just his politics you hate but the color of his skin. You may inadvertently deliver the message that you don't care for a Black in the White House. Needless to say, I am fed up. Especially with "Christians" who supposedly love everyone who make it clear that President Obama is the Anti Christ. If you think you can do a better job, then by all means you have 4 years to build your campaign and I will see you at the poles.

2 comments:

DK said...

I mean, you know how I feel about this!! :) But, it does make me cringe to think about what made you get so up in arms about it? There must have been some mad hatin' out there for you to have felt the need to respond. And that makes me sad....because, really? Didn't they listen to his speech? Don't they see that he is not just another "liberal"? Don't they get that its not about bi-partisanship any more??

Anonymous said...

I voted for our President Obama and am so happy that he is now in office. I am a Northerner living in the South, and couldn't believe how many people talk negatively about President Obama!!
I for one am just estatic that I helped him get into office and am so ready for a change in our governement.
I am 44 years old and this was my first time watching a Presidental Inauguration!! How exciting to see history being made!!!