Thursday, March 31, 2011

Not too bad.

I spent 8 hours in the car yesterday driving/riding to our little getaway destination.  I ended up getting a little car sick and had a headache that lasted nearly til bed time.  After we arrived I had a late lunch, and laid down for about 3 hours. 

My birthday dinner consisted of a lovey cut of fish (don't ask me what kind) with either panko crust or some kind of crust on the outside, roasted broccoli and stringbeans, and home fries. I told Rocco to go find out what kind of cake I would be getting and he told me "It's a 5 layer cake!"  I got totally excited because for the last 2 years I didn't have much in the way of a cake on my birthday and now I was going to get this ultimate 5 layer carrot cake.  Soon after dinner and gifts , lights were dimmed and everyone began to sing "Happy Birthday".  Much to my surprise around the corner came a platter with a dozen carrot cake cupcakes, all with candles in each.  They were quite yummy.  Yet Rocco did fool me.  As far as I'm concerned, my special day is not over, I have to go birthday shopping and treat myself for being the special Big Momma that I am.

No comments: